This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nutter 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

SAFFY
    Participant

Any good free graphic design apps for Windows 10?

I’m making do with Photoshop CS but its just not cutting the mustard.

Anybody used Scribus?

callum
    Participant

Scribus is functional and capable but perhaps not as Intuitive as commercial alternatives.

Luke
    Participant

It’s not free but Affinity is worth the money.

nobroo
    Participant

-Gimp is free haven’t used it in a while but was/is one of the best photoshop alternatives back in the 00’s when I last used it..

-Inkscape free good for vectors and design work. But buggy last time I used it crashed when doing simple things.

-Clipstudio not free but is also meant to be a lot better than Photoshop for drawing and even vector work.

-Paint Tool SAI again not free but a lot cheaper than photoshop and is meant to be a lot better than photoshop for drawing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  nobroo.

nutter
    Participant

Photoshop isn’t deisgned for graphic deisgn, rather editing photos. Alot (but not all) of its functionality has been bundled into Lightroom these days – at least for my purposes. Anyway, it’s pants for graphic design – you’re essentially trying to create a Turner seascape with a biro.

Illustrator is the Adobe package your after, and naturally is wildly expensive. Inkscape is a free, albeit occasionally frustrating, equivalent.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.