This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ted 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ratface
    Participant

I know they exist, usually not much bigger than the tablet. Is there such a thing as a regular sized keyboard, with a mouse, that can be connected to an android tablet?

ted
    Participant

Three thoughts: if it’s for a tablet, which will have a touchscreen, is a mouse vital? Will a keyboard with a touch pad, of the sort found on laptops, do? And for what tablet specifically?

I know, you ask an innocent question and the first response you get asks three more…

ratface
    Participant

I have fat fingers, they’re annoying when trying to use small check boxes, a mouse would be easier. I want the keyboard for similar reasons, ease of typing with less mistakes. I have a couple of android tablets.

scarymary
    Participant

I would be amazed if you couldn’t get any old bluetooth keyboard to work. To get the mouse to work may be more difficult…certainly some versions of android work with a mouse/pointing device

ted
    Participant

A google for “bluetooth keyboard and mouse for android tablet” brings up a lot of possibles. The issue for you may well be the size of the keyboard if you want more accurate typing; a full-size keyboard would be the thing, for all that it’s less portable than a tablet. This will ideally mean you need to see something for yourself rather than just look at it online to check that it suits you. (I got a keyboard when I bought my Sony tablet a few years ago and whilst I’ve got used to it, it’s a rare day when I don’t need to go back and correct typing mistakes; the keys are on the small side).

So a trip to PC World, or Maplins, may be the thing if taking a chance with an online purchase doesn’t appeal. As has been said, you shouldn’t be short of options. Happy shopping…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.