Site5 review -why you should'nt use them!

Feed Forums Tech Site5 review -why you should'nt use them!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr snrub 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

utterz
    Keymaster

Are you thinking about buying site5 hosting? My advise to you would be to avoid this scam web hosting company! I bought 1 years worth of site5 web hosting for my e-commerce website (you have to pay yearly not monthly which costs $71.40) and I really wish I hadn’t and here’s why!

Initially the 2 months of using site5 were okay and I had not trouble with speed or uptime however after the honeymoon period and once sites5’s “45 day full satisfaction guarantee” had ended and site 5 had my money I started getting major problems.

The first problem I had and it is a big one is that site5s servers got hacked. I started noticing weird folders and files appearing in my sites http://ftp.. after looking at the files inside the new folders it became evident that someone was uploading malware to my site! I take security very seriously and always make sure that my wordpress sites are always fully up to date and was use an extremely secure password, so it was very unlikely that the hack was because of something I did. I decided to search on google a footprint left by the hacker on one of the dodgy files. This led me to discover on google a number of other websites that had also been hacked in the exact same way… after doing a whois search on the domain names I found out that all of these sites were being hosted by site5! This meant that it was site5 fault. I told site5 about this hack and they fixed it but did not apologise or give me any compensation for my site being hacked and more business nearly being destroyed.

A few weeks later I started to notice that my site was getting slower and slower. My Site then started to get so slow that it became unusable! So slow in fact that I have actually used FREE HOSTS in the past that have performed better!
    This was no laughing matter as this diabolical slowness was having a huge impact on my sales. Site speed is hugely important for e-commerce sites… if you site is slow people will not bother to wait around for a page to load they will simply click the back button and buy off another site instead. Also how fast your site is s also a major seo factor.. meaning if your site is very slow to load search engines like google will not rank your site very highly (especially not in google mobile site index).
    My site hardly gets any visitors (less than 30 unique visitors a day), and it does not run any resource intensive plug-ins or themes.. it is a very basic site. It is site5 rubbish servers that is causing my site to be so slow! Pingdom site speed testing too also confirms this, indicating that the servers response time is what is causing the slow speed.

I am extremely annoyed with site 5 as there poor service is having a really bad negative effect on my business. Site5 is a con and I advise people to no bother with this expensive, frustrating and slow host!

Mr snrub
    Participant

I used to use them too. They were really good until they got bought out by a big company and now they suck big time. I would recommend Siteground they are a lot faster, more reliable, better support plus you get a free SSL certificate for https//

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.